Brigston & Co Hot Dog Recipes
This summer we are pleased to have some fantastic recipe content to share with you straight from Brigston & Co, a producer of hand made and craft smoked artisan hot dogs that we supply on our website.
Brigston & Co are an independently owned business based in Dumfries and Galloway run by husband and wife team Claire and Euan, who have combined their 30 years of experience in the catering industry with their passion for high quality locally produced ingredients to found Brigston & Co. You can follow them on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook to hear more updates.
Every artisan hot dog produced by Brigston & Co is handmade and uses high quality farm assured Scottish beef and pork as well as their own unique blend of herbs and spices. The result is an incredibly delicious range of craft artisan hot dogs handmade from the best ingredients. As well as supplying pubs and restaurants with delicious hot dogs, they also have a food truck that offers a wealth of tasty topping options. These include:
Below we have their recipes for ranch dip, relish, and aioli for you to recreate these fantastic dishes at home!
Uncooked Relish Recipe
- 1.5 kilos tomatoes
- 3 onions
- 5 sticks celery
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 650g granulated sugar
- 250ml malt vinegar
- Skin the tomatoes by putting them in a bowl of boiling water and leaving them for a few minutes or until the skins have split.
- Remove the tomatoes from the boiling water and when they are cool enough to handle, peel off the skins.
- Chop the tomatoes finely along with the other vegetables. Put in a bowl and add the salt and leave in the fridge overnight. The next day strain the vegetables and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Put the sugar and the vinegar in a pot on the hob and heat, continually stirring until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the syrup mix to the chopped vegetables.
- Put into jars and keep in the fridge. The relish will keep for many months in the fridge.
- To create your own Auld Alliance Scottie Dog, simply top your Scottie dog with brie, crispy bacon bits, and a generous helping of the relish.
- 2 peeled and crushed garlic cloves
- 400ml mayonnaise
- 200ml crème fraiche
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- Put all the ingredients together and blend well in a food processor or with a hand blender.
- Mix the ranch dressing with finely sliced red cabbage, white cabbage, red onions, spring onions and grated carrot to make ranch slaw.
- To create your own Rancher Hot Dog, take your original recipe hot dog, top with brisket or pulled pork, the ranch dressing, Arran smoked cheddar, and jalapenos (if you like your food to have a bit of a kick!)
Garlic Aioli Recipe
- 3 whole free-range eggs
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 5 crushed garlic cloves
- Approximately 800ml vegetable oil
- Put everything bar the oil into a jug and using a hand blender start to blitz all the ingredients together (you can also use a food processor if preferred).
- Slowly start to trickle the oil in as you continue to blend. Keep going until you have used all the oil and the aioli begins to thicken. If the aioli is a bit thick for your liking just add a little water until you have the desired consistency. Makes approximately 1 litre.
- Mix with a little homemade pesto or your favourite jarred pesto to make pesto aioli, then add this to your hot dog topped with Italian style hard cheese, chargrilled peppers and rocket leaves to make the Mediterranean Hot Dog.