Excellent quality, delicious taste, superb consistency – some of the best I’ve ever hadMore About Nick Nairn
Nick Nairn's Seabass with Soy & Ginger Recipe
A lovely fresh-tasing way with Seabass
You will need
- 2 fillets sea bass Buy Now
- 2 tbsp veg oil
- 5-6 spring onions, sliced at an angle
- 4 thin slices fresh ginger, peeled
- 3 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 5g coriander leaves
- 20g unsalted butter
- 1 tsp lime juice
1. Heat a frying pan until hot. Add the veg oil and place the fish fillets in, skin-side down.
2. Don’t move the fish about. This is the secret of great crispy pan-fried fish. When the skin has begun to crisp and colour at the edges, gently turn with a silicone spatula. When fully cooked (another minute), remove to rest in a warm place.
3. Place the butter in the pan and quickly brown with the ginger and spring onions. Add the soy, lime juice and coriander, stir and serve, poured over the fish on warm plates. Tastes great with noodles or rice.