For the Beetroot Carpaccio
• 2-4 Medium Sized Heritage Beetroot
• Sprig of Thyme
• A splash of Balsamic Vinegar
• A pinch of Sea Salt
1. Cook the beetroot (place in tray add sea salt, thyme and a splash of water. Cover with tin foil and roast for 1 hour on 140 degrees)
2. When a knife goes through it easily, it means it’s ready
3. Leave them on a side to cool down
4. Using gloves – peel them (they peel off super easily)
5. Slice thinly and arrange on a plate in a small circle.
For the Smoked Mayonnaise
• 2 Egg Yolks
• ¾ tsp English Mustard
• 1 Small Garlic Clove, finely grated
• 225ml Smoked Oil (Traditional Rapeseed Oil is a suitable alternative)
• 2 tbsp Lemon Juice (you may not need all of it)
• White Pepper, to season
To make the smoked mayonnaise put the egg yolks in the bowl of a processor with the mustard, garlic, and a little seasoning. Turn it on and slowly add the oil (make sure the mixture is thickening and the oil is incorporated), until all the oil has been added and your mixture is thick. Add the lemon juice and adjust the seasoning to taste. If your mayonnaise is too thick, add a splash of water.
For the Dill Oil
• 20g of Dill
• 10g of Spinach
• 200ml of Rapeseed Oil
To make the dill oil, blanch the dill and the spinach in boiling salted water then refresh in iced water. Squeeze dry. Warm the oil slightly and blitz with herbs in a blender until smooth. Pass through a fine sieve and leave to cool
After slicing the beetroot thinly and placing in small circle, add CAMPBELLS & Co Hendrick’s gin smoked salmon on top of the beetroot.
Around the salmon place the smoked mayonnaise and drizzle a bit of the dill oil over the top, garnish with fresh cress.